To reach our goals and to solve our challenges, we need the best people regardless of gender or background. A good work environment is key to attract and retain the best talents.
“THE PATH TOWARDS GENDER EQUALITY IN THE FISH FARMING INDUSTRY”
A thesis written by four young female students revealed that the organizational conditions within Grieg Seafood are facilitated to encourage women to reach managing positions, something which other companies in the industry ought to learn from.
Our people are our DNA and essential to the successful delivery of our strategy.
A good working environment creates attractive jobs.
Our target is to attract the best skills, and to be the preferred employer, regardless of industry.
We embrace diversity and employ the most competent, regardless of where people come from.
We have a fair and transparent recruitment process.
Our employees have the right to be organized.
We live by our values – Open, Ambitious, and Caring.
HOW WE WORK TO IMPROVE
- Through the use of new technology and our digital efforts within Precision Farming, we aim to stand out from the crowd and offer exciting positions. Sensor technology, big data, and analytics demands further development and training of our employees, and will also attract people with skills and background other than aquaculture.
- By being more flexible and creative, we work to attract more female workers to balance the gender gap. We have a fair and transparent recruitment process and strive to have both female and male candidates in our final interviews. We report on the SHE Index because we believe that transparency creates trust.
- Our pay and benefits policies are based on a bi-annual survey to ensure that we always pay market price or above for all jobs. We have an employee share program and share our profit with our employees. All our employees are part of our bonus program.
- We measure our employee satisfaction and working environment on a regular basis. In 2018, we conducted the Great Place to Work survey for the first time in Norway. We will continue to improve our achievements and will include all our global entities in our next survey.
- We hold quarterly feedback meetings to discuss important initiatives with our union representatives to encourage good and constructive dialog.
- We use our values, Open, Ambitious, and Caring, every day by challenging things that do not support our common culture. We believe that our employees build the culture and our Company.
- We focus on internal communication and are proud to say that we were among the first in implementing Workplace by Facebook in our industry worldwide. Through Workplace, our common communication platform, all our employees have been given a voice and an opportunity to participate actively in discussions, and to share knowledge and information across borders.
THREE IMPORTANT TASKS FOR MAKING CHANGES TOWARDS AN EQUAL WORKFORCE
Bold leadership Top management have defined policies, strategies, goals and practices.
Measuring equality targets openly A diverse leadership team that sets, shares and measures equality targets openly.
An empowering environment One that trusts employees, respects individuals and offers equal opportunities.
FIGURE GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Great Place to Work assesses and evaluates organizations and the practices that underpin workplace culture based on the experience of employees.
Grieg Seafood received a score of 89 %. The average score of Norwegian companies was 76 %, the best score being 92 %.
SCORE FOR GRIEG SEAFOOD NORWAY
FIGURE THE SHE INDEX 2018
The SHE Index scores companies based on the gender balance in management teams on different levels, as well as the companies´ policies to improve female representation in management.
In 2018, we came 12th on the SHE Index, climbing to the 8th place in February 2019.